Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Surgery #2 and an Unexpected Surprise


I am happy to report that surgery #2 was a success!!!! This time I felt so much more prepared and at least I knew what to expect, except for the delay. Unfortunately Dr. Feldman's 1st surgery ran late and mine didn't start until 3 hours later...needless to say, I was STARVING!!!! I saw a lot of old faces from the first one too and that made me feel even more comfortable.

The days that followed were very similar, A LOT of pain on the first day, a lot of itching (as a result of the meds), drowsiness, dizziness and all that good stuff. But there were also a lot of the great things from the first one, visitors that brought me yummy food and TLC...Thanks Jess for my Mexican food, Dorothy for Crumbs' cupcakes, Vero for my Get Well Teddy Bear...and also all the beautiful flowers from other wonderful friends...

At home, the first few days were really tough too, just getting used to my strong meds again, the dizziness, and how much they affect your belly. Oh man, getting up the stairs coming home was hard again, how easily the body forgets LOL. After 3 pretty crappy days, today has been a much better day!!! Feel like myself again, just with a cast at the end of my right leg. And my left foot is behaving so nicely, all new and strong, supporting the weight of my body with no complaints.

I feel like a weight has been lifted, like I pulled the band-aid. The surgery is done and now it's just my way to recovery. I already go see Dr. Feldman to remove the first cast and the stitches next Thursday and before I know it, I'll be walking again.

And in the midst of all this craziness, I got the best news...I got the job!!! I cannot even start to describe how excited I am! Things were really meant to be!!!! My original surgery date was September 20 and then Dr. Feldman's office changed it to the 22nd. And instead, I had a first interview on the 20th and a second interview on the 21st. And they loved me (Why wouldn't they? I am pretty fabulous!)! They're going to wait until I recover so my start date is December 1. I am so so happy that I don't have to look for a job as I start to get better, that I have an even better commute than I had before, I get my own office, and most importantly, I get to do what I really really enjoy.

So I guess the lesson here is to keep your head up, just as you are struggling in life (i.e. pain), God has a plan for you and he might surprise you at the end of the day with something totally unexpected :)

My aunt, visiting from Brazil, got tired of the waiting too and decided to take a nap LOL

2 comments:

laura said...

Michele, estamos torendo pela sua recuperacao! Todos no centro com saudades.. Volte logo! Beijos, Laura

Lenka said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! Congrats on the job! They are lucky to have you! Hope that all the healing keeps going smooth and quick! You'll be happy-dancing soon :)

Post a Comment