Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reality Check

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone has had a great holiday so far...we had a great Christmas Eve in NJ with my family and Christmas Day in CT with John's family....and in just a matter of 4 days (New Year's Eve), we will become Mr. and Mrs....WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I cannot wait!!!

In the meantime, I've been taking advantage of the last two weeks of my health insurance through my job to get everything free since I met my deductible in March/April...I'm sure CMT'ers can sympathize! I met with the new neurologist at Yale Medical Center and LOVED him!!!! He is just not a regular doctor, he's our age, he's hip and he knows EVERYTHING about CMT, so how could we not love him??? He talked at length about CMT and I explained my history and at the end of our discussion he thought I should give AFO's a try. I thought that I had averted the subject long enough but since I'm in a race to get "free" stuff with my insurance I scheduled an emergency appointment for last week and will be picking up my braces tomorrow. They will probably look like this picture...

What I find interesting is how God has been placing some people on my way so I can see that I really don't have it all that bad. While waiting to be called in at the orthotic store, I ran into a beautiful little girl who couldn't be more than 5 or 6 years old whose entire left leg was a prosthetic leg. And today while exercising away in physical therapy and feeling exhausted, there was a man in a wheelchair struggling just to be able to lift himself on and off the chair...and those were his exercises...while I was able to walk around doing mine....so really, next to these two scenarios, what do I have to complain about?

Sometimes a reality check is good to give you perspective of your situation and I think I needed just that! Feeling beyond grateful again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis. Great entry. You forgot to tell me about these two people you met while in PT. Grateful is a good way to be, and in your case it has pushed you forward when you might otherwise have fallen apart. I think that the little girl might have other purposes for you.... why don´t you give that some thought? Beijocas, te amo!

__ Kalila

(eu não sei postar sem ser anonymous... o que é URL??)

Melissa said...

I didn't realize you were getting married so soon! Congratulations!! Mine and my husband's 4-year anniversary is tomorrow....one more fun thing to celebrate this time of year. :) Hope all goes well with the wedding and the AFO's!

Post a Comment