Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 1: Fan-Freaken-Tastic

WOW time flies...I can't believe it's already been a week since I had surgery. I really prepared myself for the worst and I am so happy that this experience has been much better than my expectations.

Thankfully, only the first day was a nightmare. I haven't had the same awful pain since that first day in recovery. I'm taking the pain meds every 6 hours at home and it's working just fine. The pain never really goes away but it's definitely manageable.

The nurse came over yesterday and all my vitals are back to normal. The physical therapist was also here and I passed with flying colors. She's really impressed with my progress and may not have to come back as many times as she expected. She adjusted the settings on all my equipment, including my wheelchair, which I love. I am able to walk around with the walker, but I'm really looking forward to going out for a spin in my wheelchair to feel some sun on my skin this weekend.


I'm really really happy my mom arrived from Brazil yesterday. I am so grateful that my parents are so loving and caring with my sisters and I. It definitely makes this process so much easier. Now I just have to wait for my follow up appointment - I am really hoping to get to see my foot that day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment