Sunday, October 24, 2010

I miss walking....

It's been one month since my surgery and I am officially over being in bed! I miss walking and putting my foot down sooo much and I just can't wait to be able to do it again! I have 9 more days til my next doctor visit when my cast will be off for good...and hopefully FOREVER!

I think this time I'm a little more impatient to get this process over with. Last time I knew I still had one more surgery to go and had endless time off. Now I have a wonderful job waiting for me and I can't wait to start! All my suits and work clothes have been sitting in the closet for a year waiting for this, but I'll definitely have to go out and buy new shoes. I can't wait to stop paying for health insurance on my own. I am excited to know that Christmas and New Year's will be paid holidays again this year. I can't wait to see money coming IN to my account instead of OUT (well, it'll still come out but you know what I mean).

It's funny that I haven't dreaded Mondays in a year, or looked forward to a Friday, or complained about the crappy weather to commute in, or had work drama. It's ironic that in life, at least my life, there's no half way. Before I was always on the go, always tired, always ready for the weekend or a vacation. And now I am too rested sometimes, sleep whatever time I want, wake up as late as I want, yet I'm dying to go back.

I'm sure I'll still complain about Mondays and still look forward to the weekends but I'll have a new appreciation for being ABLE to work, for being ABLE to drive when and where I want, for being INDEPENDENT. Plus this time around I'll be doing it with new feet, that don't hurt with every step...this is beyond exciting for me!!! I am so grateful that I've had the opportunity to take this time off but I am ready to get back to my life. CMT will always be there along the way, but I'm definitely not ready to completely stop so CMT better slow her butt down so I can still have a lot more productive years in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment