Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Keep the Faith

About a year ago, I set out on this journey to take care of myself and my body, by having 2 (or possibly 4) painful surgeries that would help me relieve constant pain in the balls of my feet. At that time, I was anxious, I was afraid of the unknown, I was quitting my job because of a move to CT and to allow myself time to fully recover without worrying that I had to answer to someone, and I was basically diving in head first, not knowing how cold or rocky the water might be.

The only sure thing I had was faith that everything would be ok and that I had God on my side. I won't say it's been an easy year, it's been full of ups and downs, pain and relief, moments of tears and moments of laughter, going through the first procedure and seeing how successful it went and how well my foot is doing now. I've had a chance to stop and reflect on my life, had an opportunity to get closer and bond with my sisters, lean on my parents for their love and support, see John and I overcome another hurdle together which will continue to make us stronger for the future, and see who my true friends are.

As I approach the end of this journey, God's been giving me MANY reasons to smile (and Lord knows I need them)....I have a wonderful Caribbean cruise to look forward to on my birthday in March when I'll get to introduce my new feet to my favorite thing in the world - a beach! Then the most perfect job appears out of nowhere and they decide to wait for me to recover, and the latest gift He's given me...I get a letter from Social Security this weekend that they have made a decision that is fully favorable to me!!!!!!!!!!! This is just soooo unbelievable!! SS has denied my disability claim TWICE that I had to hire an attorney and we've been patiently waiting for a hearing date sometime next year!!! Then out of thin air, I get this news...There's no other explanation than the Big Guy upstairs showing me that even though sometimes we may be dealt a difficult hand in life, He is here for us and I am so grateful for that...

I just wanted to write this entry to say keep the faith, believe in something greater than yourself, and always have hope. If at times it seems He has forgotten us, then maybe it's just our turn to learn a lesson in life, and sure enough, in due time, things will appear out of nowhere to show us we've had our down so there's nowhere else to go but up!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*grin* Amazing...simply amazing! Savour your well deserved gifts!

Lenka said...

Yay!! I am so happy for your gifts! You deserve every one of them!

Post a Comment