Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week 1: SURVIVED!

I have been trying to get some motivation to write an entry all week. I have just been so exhausted that I postponed it til today, so please forgive me if this isn't one of my best.

Going back to work was great and overwhelming and exciting and exhausting. It's been a week full of mixed emotions. I'm really excited to be back to work, to have my office, to start to do what I love again (and am quite good at!), to just be back to a normal life, and especially to have work benefits and an upcoming paycheck. But boy, was it hard on my body!!

Monday through Wednesday I was pretty much a vegetable when I got back home. And quite honestly, I wasn't really taking care of me during the day. I was just too excited to meet people and my boss was too excited to make me walk everywhere. So on Thursday, I nicely told her I had to take it easy because my foot's been pretty swollen. As a result, Thursday and Friday were pretty great. I still need a lot of training and it'll take a while for me to be fully aware of everything I need to do.

Just want to say a HUGE thank you to John who made dinner and served me every night this week and who didn't ask me to do one thing around the house so I could just rest at night. You're the bomb diggity!

Today's been a pretty lazy day, just resting up to be ready for tomorrow! My foot's been behaving pretty good, it just gets swollen because it definitely hasn't gotten this much action in a looooong time!

I am ready for Week 2  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment