Monday, June 27, 2011

Already Next Friday...

Since my last post, I went back to the medication that was working for me and thankfully have been feeling fine again. I'm unfortunately lacking sleep because John and I are on opposite schedules...he's on the 4pm to midnight shift so the only way we can actually see each other are my days off or if I wait up for him...and it just sucks living with someone and not seeing them. So besides being sleep deprived, all else is good. I've been exercising on my bike about 5-6 times a week for 15 minutes...enough to get some movement in my body.

Today I went to the hospital for my pre-testing for the surgery next week. I cannot believe how quickly the time went by. Once again, I'm ready and excited to get this over with. The great thing about this surgery is how much simpler it will be compared to the last one: no hospital stay needed, only local anesthesia, no hard cast, and should be moving fine within just a couple of days. I really hope this procedure does the trick and my stubborn callus goes away. I guess only time will tell....

I'm also looking forward to slowing down to recover for a week or two, spend some time with my parents, see some of my Jersey friends again, and enjoy lots of mom-made meals...those are the BEST kind! I'll keep ya'll posted!!! All prayers and good wishes are welcome :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I wonder if the docs can etch that callous off for your while you are there? My podiatrist would take a scalpel to mine and voila...gonzo!
Good luck with the surgery!

-Nic
(For some reason, my blogger account struggles with your blog.,.,.argh!)

Post a Comment