Sunday, June 3, 2012

FINALLY...Something's Working!!!

As someone who has tried such a multitude of medications, you're always a bit skeptical about starting anything new...and the new prescriptions I got didn't exactly start to work right away, as the doc said it would take a couple of weeks, but it was driving me insane to deal with so much pain...and with that much pain comes tears, emotions, etc etc...

However, they FINALLY kicked in about 10 days ago and I have been feeling GREAT!!! My pain is down to a much more manageable level and I'm even waking up pretty pain-free, compared to the mornings when I'm writhing in bed with pain and it takes me a while to get up. I can't even begin to explain how grateful and relieved I am!!!

Unfortunately, my insurance did not approve the medication for the chronic fatigue (something about it not being FDA approved), so I will have to wait until my follow up appointment next week to see if we could try something else to give me a boost at the beginning of the day...I am just praying that these meds LAST! I could use feeling a little normal for a while :)

3 comments:

Natteringnic said...

Love that you are feeling better! Yay. So happy to hear (or should I say read?)!Fingers crossed that things only improve!

Lenka said...

Yay!! So glad! I am not surprised that they didn't approve the meds. Somehow the fatigue meds that my doctor tried to get for me are approved for MS and swing shifts, but not CMT- and since it's expensive, insurance holds that line strong. We just need to pretend we are working graveyard shifts :)

Here's to long-time relief!

And, oh, I use coffee for the kick in the morning, but it never lasts long enough :)

PS- this is another reason why I wish fatigue could be part of the CMT disease description- so we could get better support/medication through insurance...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lenka for the info. All the more reason we have to keep chipping away to spread the word about CMT....

Post a Comment