Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Howdy!

Hi Friends!!!

I feel like a HUGE slacker since I haven't been writing often, or at all. I was looking at how many entries I wrote when I first started my blog compared to now and the numbers are a little embarrassing. There has been a lot going on, lots on my mind, but just haven't had the motivation to write much. I've been struggling a lot with what decisions to make about life...some of them very permanent choices.

On a happy note, since I last wrote, I am now a happily married Mrs...our wedding was very private and special...I had the wonderful pleasure of having one of my sisters here from Brazil for my birthday...I just got tickets to go to an Oprah show early next month...I had two great conversations with two CMT buddies that I have "known" in the online world for a while...I looked into possibly starting a support group only to find out there's one already underway nearby...

On a CMT note, I have been soooo drained of energy, so constantly exhausted. I have been trying to manage going to physical therapy and hydrotherapy once a week each and finally last night I came to the realization that I just can't manage that while I'm still working. For about 5-6 weeks, I'd go to work feeling great and not be able to get out of bed on the weekends from pain and exhaustion. I'm wondering if work is really what I should be doing right now, instead of working on my health. There is no easy answer. I think I know what I should be doing...but I'm only 31...and my life now is vastly different from what I thought it would be when I was in college.

To say that I had a few difficult months physically and emotionally is an understatement but I really feel like I have bounced back. I still have my days like today...when the pain is worse and it drives me to tears because there's nothing else to do. But at the same time, the weather is changing, the sun is out, the coats can stay home and soon spring will be here. Like anything else, little by little we move away from the winter doldrums into a happy blossoming spring...just like in life. I'm really excited for what this year can possibly bring and having some major positive changes in my life. And I hope to write my thoughts a bit more again...I always enjoyed this process and the feedback...

0 comments:

Post a Comment