Thursday, March 22, 2012

CMT at the Tea

Even though the week started out rough and uncertain, it didn't take very long for me to receive an unbelievable surprise! I guess the Big Man Upstairs is really keeping an eye on me :)

I am so sad to leave my job because I work for a truly great firm with great people who really care about you. They've been working with me for a few months try to accommodate me to see if I'd have a better quality of life. One of the favorite aspects of my job is party planning and we do quite a few events throughout the year. The firm has hosted a "Women's Tea" for the last 15 years and they always spotlight a charity/organization to bring awareness to that cause and also raise some funds.

The focus is always geared towards women, so it came to me as a complete shock, when I arrived at work yesterday and my boss asked me if I'd be ok with the an organization representing CMT being highlighted at our upcoming Tea. I almost fell out of my chair!!!! The suggestion came from one of the biggest honchos at our firm and everyone thought it was an amazing idea. I am soooo touched by their beautiful gesture.

I don't hide the fact that I have CMT but I don't broadcast it either. I bring it up if I'm talking to someone and the conversation ends up going in that direction. I've worked with quite a few people there who probably have no idea that I would have anything wrong with me at all. So they have drafted a beautiful email that's going out to the firm to explain my departure and how they'd like to support CMT because it would be the best way to send me off.

Of course, I ran to get in touch with Jeana at the CMTA to see if they'd be interested and if someone would be available to come to the event in CT. Thankfully Jeana herself will be coming up (she's the person who I just talked to about a month ago about possibly starting a support group here) and I'm so excited to meet her. I'm sooo excited that this wonderful group of people will learn about CMT and about the possibility to raise some funds for research.

I'm also happy that they are sharing my story in such a beautiful way, instead of a dirty little secret that would be talked about in the hallway or the water cooler. I'm happy that if, God willing, I am able to work in the future I will have a great network of individuals to reach out to who already know the professional I am and the work that I do...

Very exciting turn of events indeed....like they say, when one door closes, another door opens...

0 comments:

Post a Comment