Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm in Pain...

I haven't really felt like writing these past couple of weeks because I have been pretty uncomfortable. I've been weaning off the pain meds carefully and a little more slowly than last time so I wouldn't suffer as much. And I finally called it quits on Saturday. Oh boy. What for? My entire body just aches, but mostly everything from my thighs down.

My legs have been hurting so much that I haven't been able to sleep (went to bed at 5am yesterday and only because of sheer exhaustion). Needless to say, it's been a rough few days. Yesterday, it definitely got the best of me and I got a good cry out of it. Then John was nice enough to take me to sushi, where we had an amazing dinner, and then we watched part of Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire (in preparation for Deathly Hallows on Friday, I can't wait!!!!). At the end of the night, I was really happy and not to mention, exhausted from lack of sleep, which trumped the thigh pain, so I was able to sleep at a decent time. But since I got a good night's sleep last night, it's probably too much to ask for two in a row, so I'm in pain and can't sleep because I'm so uncomfortable. Yes, I am tired but my legs just hurt too much. So I caved and just took half a pill, which will probably start working in 30-45 minutes and I'll be able to sleep then.

I cannot wait until Tuesday! First, I have my final surgeon's appointment at 10am. Then, I am going to a new pain management doc, and I am "trying" to be cautiously excited, but I think I'm not doing a good job. I am very hopeful that he will help, that he will shed some light on my situation. I'm starting to think that all this thigh pain isn't CMT afterall, none of my CMT buddies seem to have it, except for my sister. Could it be another complicatedly-named-genetic disorder we've never heard of?

This is the reason why I'm so hopeful: Pain Management Doc Helped Woman with Unthinkable Disease

So please wish me luck and say a little prayer as I gear up to meet this guy...may he have the right treatment for me and help me get over this pain...or even just help me get more energy to get through the day. I'll let you know how my appointment goes...and if he puts me on any crazy diet. (Please just don't ask me to eat bananas, celery, or olives.)

Just so this entry is not a total bummer, I'd like to point out totally unrelated positive news. My beloved orchid, a gift from a dear friend, is coming back to life. I thought I had lost her for good after she gave me 8 beautiful flowers this summer, but I came back home to see John took good care of her for me while I was gone and she'll be out to greet me again soon.

My beautiful orchid almost ready to come out. I can spot 4 future flowers :)
How she will look in a couple of weeks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment