Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sometimes Things CAN Get Worse...

I'm not sure what I did wrong...but I'm in too much pain to walk now. I've been walking great and about a week ahead in progress compared to last time. So John and I have been house hunting since I came back home and we saw 3 houses on Thursday. I didn't think that was a big deal since we had done that before. I came home and my foot was already bothering me so I decided to stay off it the rest of the day.

Then yesterday I stayed off it all day until it was time to go see Harry Potter. Since my friend got herself a baby sitter for the night and drove all the way up from Jersey, I didn't think it would be fair to bail. Well, I should've probably taken my wheelchair. I came back home almost wanting to crawl to my apartment door...that's how much my foot hurt.

So it's really swollen and still very painful today so I'm staying off it the entire weekend. It's kind of a bummer. I've been doing so great and my foot has honestly not hurt like this since the first couple of days post-op. Thankfully I see my surgeon in 3 days and we'll see if anything comes up in the x-rays. Hopefully it's nothing serious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Should have, could have, would have." Ah, been there, done that. Overtaxed myself and paid for it afterwards.
Hopefully the pain is just that ..a pain. Hopefully the x-rays don't show anything unusual.
On the upside...househunting...yay! So exciting...its like the ultimate shopping spree!

CM2 said...

mic, thats awful!! I hate the fact you are in so much pain. Its so hard to focus on anything else when your body hurts. Praying for good news from the surgeon, at least that he can figure out something to help you.

Also agree with nic, househunting is so exciting!! how did it go? Anything with potential? You know we looked at about a dozen or more houses, over th course of a few months, and ended up buying the first house we saw!! With stairs, i should add, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Michele said...

Thanks ladies! Thankfully everything is ok and I just have to wait it out.

House hunting is going great! Obviously haven't gone since last week lol...but there is one house we have our eye on. We just wanna wait til I start working to make sure everything will go as planned.

Post a Comment